Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home???

After all last nights festivities Charlotte drove me to James' house at 4am, then James took me to the airport at 5am, I got on a plane at 9am and said goodbye to England....


19 hours later.....I said hello to LA - could they be more dramatically different??? It was so nice to fly over LA and see familiar stores and people driving in their cars and houses instead of flats, all things that are familiar to me. But there are so many things that have become familiar to me about London. I saw a big Target and thought, "I am really going to miss Tesco". I also saw a big parking lot and thought, I am really excited to drive my car to the grocery store and not have to walk 15 minutes home with heavy bags. Bittersweet...

Dad picked me up at the airport....heaven.....and helped me acclimatize with some In-N-Out. Excellent!
When we got home I met this little lady and newest addition to the family. Patches. So precious!

Mom had of course made me a welcome home sign. I can always count on that. It was so nice to just sit around the living room and be at home with my family. Andrea is super cute as usual and way energetic and it was great to see mom and catch up on the news. Nothing interesting to report about the night, it was perfect!

4 comments:

EmF said...

Welcome home!!! What are you plans next? Let us know if you are going to be in Seattle anytime! ;)

Fiagle Family said...

call me when need to hang out before you adventure off somewhere else fun and exciting!!

Chris and Cassie said...

Oh...That is bittersweet! But welcome home friend. I'm glad you had such a wonderful adventure over there. Good luck getting back into the swing of things in the US. When are you heading back to SD?
I miss you.
Chris does too.

Danielle said...

I can't believe you are back! The moths go by fast huh?? Well, welcome home even though I'm not there!