Thursday, August 27, 2009

Swanage part 2 --(see part one below!)

Here was the path marking to get to Old Harry's rock. I thought it was a little creepy that it looks like a head stone
There it is....Old Harry's. Really beautiful white cliffs, I think they are of quartz, I am sure it is really beautiful to see them from the ocean
I ate my lunch there right on the cliffs. Just thougth I would include this one to make you a little uncomfortable mom!!
I started walking at about 1:15 and got back to town at about 5.....(of course on the way back I was reading a mystery novel and ended up taking a long detour) but I felt I deserved a little classic fish and chips. It was very literally a big old fish on chips. Very tasty!
Just one little jem I saw on the return trip to Bournemouth. Corfe Castle, a thousand year old castle that was destroyed during the English civil war. Cool!!! Do these people realize how cool that is! Anyway, it was a pretty sweet day. I felt very english roaming around those fields. I am enjoying all the new things that I am seeing, but I am missing all the familiar things. I have hardly talked to anyone today....weird. Anyway, dreamy day.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm just going to refer to you as Denise Bennet. After this post, I imagine you ambling about the country side reading and being deep in thought. Any sign of Mr Darcy?

Sally said...

I had this same experience when I was in the Lake District. So picturesque with the sheep and the fields! I'm there in spirit for you to talk to if that helps...

Patricia Peterson said...

I love reading your blog! What a change to go somewhere totally unfamiliar and where you don't know anyone!I'd love to hear more about the 'class' you are taking... (I like the picture you took just to make mom uncomfortable - very cute how we still try to do these sorts of things to our moms, me too, no matter how old we get!

Fiagle Family said...

you are in so much trouble!! not telling me you have a blog! Looks like you are having a great adventure. I might have jeremy convinced to come out there so how long will you be in england?!! miss you