Friday, May 23, 2014

London!!!

MooI'm almost always a person who likes going new places over familiar ones....but when it comes to London I always want to come back. We've spent the last 2 days in my favorite city!

It was of course a whirlwind.... But one of my favorite things to do there is wander anyway... So I was very happy. Plus I got to see some of my favorite people!  Charlie and her husband James came to down and I saw Lauren and Loren and Charlie met up with us for dinner.... So many of my favorite things! Charlie has never done anything in London so we walked around and saw some of the classic sites and I think my favorite part of the day was that night when we all met up for dinner in a pub on the south bank. It was just so fun to sit and catch up with old friends. Since I've never spent a summer there I forgot that London is pretty far north so we left the pub at about 9pm and it was still twilight. It was totally magical to walk along the south bank at that time of day.

Then today Veda and I did our own girlie shopping on oxford street day. Which means we spent several hours in primark... Haha. We had a blast. We also got to go see Selfridge's. Actually yesterday as we were walking through leister square we saw the redhead man who plays in the show Mr Selfridge's.... Lauren is the best at celebrity spotting! We bounced around the city to a couple other city highlights before heading back to the airport for our flight to Iceland. Mostly it was just really fun to spend so much time with Veda. We had a great day!! Can't wait to come back here!!

No comments: