Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Durdle Door

I woke up this morning and the sun was shining and it was this warm summer day. Amazing! so we took advantage of that to head to the coast to Durdle Door about 20 minutes from Bournemouth. I hadn't heard much about it but it was incredible! Look at that water!
The beach was made of all these little round stones, which I guess is what accounts for such beautiful water.

Charlotte and I layed on the beach for a while and just chatted and then decided to brave the water. It was freezing!!! People were swimming around like it was warm....not warm. I touched the water and realized I would never get in if I didn't just dive in. That took my breath away pretty quick. About 3 minutes into the swim my limbs were getting numb and so it was actually refreshing. Charlotte and I swam through the door and then up the coast for quite a ways. So we got our exercise in for the day as well.


I am so lucky that Charlotte has this time off between work and school and can show me around to some of the sweet sights around here. This beach was particularly beautiful. Despite the cold water I put it in the top 5 best beaches I have ever visited.



1 comment:

Danielle said...

Wow!! Denise that looks like something from a Caribbean island! I cannot believe that you braved that chilly water. Remember how cold Thousand Island Lake was?? Burrr?? I was looking at those pictures the other day. What a fun experience, I am so glad we did that.