Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spa Day with Lauren

Today I met up with Lauren for our much awaited Spa Day and massages. It was the same spa I went to before with Hannah and this time we got 50 minute massages....amazing! I had tons of knots in my back from travling around, so it was really nice to relax and more than that it was really nice to hang out with Lauren. I haven't seen her in a month and she is great! I am feeling very bittersweet feelings about leaving London. I have some amazing friends here.

After the spa, we went (very slowly - we seemed to be moving in slow motion - very relaxed I guess) to the Hummingbird Bakery in Soho.


AMAZING desserts. I had a chocolate cupcake with cheesecake chunks and cream cheese frosting. It blew my mind! I need to learn to cook like that! Although, it is probably better for my health if it don't....

We were headed back to the tube when we walked by this amazing looking Italian place. It had a glass counter with all this incredible food and it was packed (always a good sigh) so we wandered in for a little post dessert dinner. Again, amazing. I am sure I could live in this city all my life and still find wonderful adventures.
Lauren is fantastic. I had such a fun time hanging out with her today. She didn't just fill a gap in my life, I would have picked her to be a friend. And hopefully we will stay friends for a long, long time. I am really going to miss her.


No comments: